My favorite season hands-down, is Autumn. I love the crisp air, homemade soups, and I especially love pumpkin-flavored EVERYTHING – coffee, pie, pancakes, you name it. Seriously, if they made pumpkin flavored shrimp, I’d probably try it (and that’s saying a lot because I HATE shrimp).
So a couple of weeks ago when the temp actually dipped below 75 (I live in Missouri – we really don’t start getting cool whether til November) I got a hankering for pumpkin baked goods. These were amazing, and a big hit with the boys. When I asked Z if he wanted me to put a couple in his lunch box for the next day he responded, “Yes. I’ll take five!” Yup. They’re that good.
- 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour (I used King Arthur)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum or xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (if you can have dairy, you can use butter)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg or egg replacement
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup dairy free milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk/dairy-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl. In a separate bowel, cream wet ingredients together and mix into the dry ingredients. Mix well, and spoon tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. While the cookies are baking, prepare the cinnamon glaze. Apply glaze to cooled cookies and enjoy!